Friday, June 21, 2013

Career Woman or Working Mother: A Series

Ok, I have managed to reenter the work force approximately 3 times.  It could be more, but these last times caused me to really think about my future. I needed to know where I am headed. I have no clue. So to get me back into the swing of things I will allow you, my followers, to join me on this journey.
I have an associate, bachelors, masters and a certificate and still no career.  I went to well-known university and online schools. But yet, I still don’t have a career.
Is it really necessary to go to school and still end up with no career? Does a degree or degrees guarantee a career? In my case, the answer is NO!
I have managed to secure menial jobs here and there to support my family. I haven’t found a position that I enjoy every day or a company that I want to grow with.
But I was told that if I went to college and did well that I would succeed far more than my non-degree counterparts. Funny, I make less and been laid off more than my non-degree friends.
The only thing I have gained is a lot of students loans that will outlive me.
Let’s start there…do company’s value education? Does a degree guarantee job success? Can you start your career and earn a degree later?
Enjoy and Smooches
Purple Cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment