Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Never Giving Up

(Taken from my phone as I was listening)



I woke up this morning in mental chaos.  I felt like I needed an out. I had this sickening feeling in my gut. So many changes have taken place in my life over the last year that I just cannot regain control. No, I am not on the edge but I wanted to just give up. I am a control freak and need things to be in a certain order.  I have noticed that no matter how I try it doesn’t happen the way that I want it.  
While driving into work, I turned on Pandora.  They started playing Mary Mary’s Can’t Give Up Now. This is probably one of my favorite Mary Mary songs.  I needed to hear the chorus. I needed the words to speak to my heart. I wanted to give up because I didn’t have control. I wanted to throw in the towel.
“I just can’t give up now
 I’ve come too far from where I started it from
Nobody told me the road would be easy.
And I don’t believe HE brought me this far to leave me.”
Mary Mary “Can’t Give Up Now” Thankful

 These trials and tribulations that I am experiencing are part of life. Life will keep going even after I decided to give up on it. What will I gain by giving up? I have come too far. It’s not easy. And God never leaves or forsake me.  His moves will be on time, I just need to be still. It may seem like a whole lot to bear for some but it will get easier. The load will get lighter.  Trust and Believe.

Enjoy and Smooches
Purple Cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment