Monday, July 1, 2013

Not Burning Bridges

Lately I have been reflecting over my so called friendships. I don’t think drama in friendship ever stops.  People change.  One of my biggest peeves in my friendship is selfishness. If I am always there for you, listening to your problems and attending your functions, but you are never there for me. You are classified as selfish. Any relationship is a two-way street. You have to give to receive and vice versa. Certain friends seem to think I am their personal psycho-therapist. They send a text or call for every issue that arises in their life. However, on very few occasions are they there for me. I send a text message and may get a reply two weeks later. WOW, really sorry I bothered you.
Do I get mad? I use to get angry. Do I give them a taste of their own medicine? No. Instead, I walk away. A few years ago I would hash it out and work hard to defend my friendship. I would shake them (not literally) until they understood what type of friend I was to them. I was childish and didn’t know better.
Now I walk away. Since I chose to walk doesn’t make them a bad person just not good to me at this point.  I do understand that people go through things. However, I go through things as well.
Trust me when I say that there is no harm and no foul. We have simply reached the end of the road. Our paths may cross again but not at this time.  You got to do you and most importantly, I have to do me.

Enjoy and Smooches
Purple Cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment