Monday, July 1, 2013

Snatching it back!!!

Who is snatching it back?? Me…YASS HUNTY! #werk
Like many people, January 1st I made all kinds of promises to get healthy. I said I would eat right. I would work out 4 times a week. I would get enough sleep.  By February 1st, I only manage to log back into my Weight Watchers account.  NO, I didn’t track any points. I had no motivation. And my clothes were getting tired.
March while scrolling through my Instagram (IG) I came across FitnessasaLifestyle. He is a local Atlanta guy who specialized in boot camp style training. He had meal and workout plans posted on his website.  I thought this is what I need but closer to home rather than downtown. I tried the meal plan for a week and lost 5 pounds. I immediately gained it back because I did not adopt the lifestyle. 
Prayers were answered! My son’s football coach wife (yep, just like that) was starting a boot camp style workout class. It was outside though. I quickly dismissed the thoughts because I don’t mind being outdoors. I dragged myself to the first official class. I brought my 3 pounds weights (total 6, turn up). She tossed them to side and gave two 15 pound weights. She asked that I pressed while I squatted. Ummm Ma’am! Excuse ma’am!  I cannot. Well she pushed and I did.
I decide to give her 3 days out the week. Now I heard all the stories and sayings: Takes 7 days to make a habit. You will notice after 30. Keep pushing. It takes time.
 My body and health did not change.
The reality is that fitness and health had to become a lifestyle.  I had to change my eating habits so I started logging into Weight Watchers every day. I tracked everything that I ate. I chose water over every other beverage. I dedicated 4 days a week to working on me and snatching it back.
Yes, this is a very slow process. I know you see pictures of woman all over the internet transform in 30 days.  It just isn’t true for every woman. It took me 4 weeks to lose 7 pounds. It took me 2 months to lose 7 inches. I have good days, bad days and days from hell. I don’t want to workout every other day. I don’t want to miss out on good food.  I am tired.
The results are worth it!!!! See pics below:

January 2013                                                                                      May 2013


May 2013                                                                                             June 2013
I don’t care about the rate I am losing weight and getting healthy. It may take 3 more months or until the end of the year.  I don’t care. I care about

“Snatching it Back”.

Starting Weight (01/13): 193 lbs
Current Weight (06/13): 182 lbs
Height: 5’1
Goal:  160 lbs
Enjoy and Smooches
Purple Cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment