Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Snatching it Back!!

I am officially out of the 180s!! I am 178. So what if it’s only 2 pounds! I don’t have to say 180 anymore. I felt so good! I felt even better when I weighed in and it said that I was 179 on my monthly cycle. That was an even bigger achievement! Typically I can gain anywhere to 5 to 7 pounds on my cycle so I was a little nervous to weigh. But I tell you when I DID THAT!  So this boot camp thing is working.
Over the last two weeks we tackled the biggest issue …eating. We focused on making better choices. One of the biggest culprits is sugar. Hold up, Hunty! Sugar is in everything. Even if the packaging says no sugar, please trust me that some sugar may be hidden in it. So my only resort was fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats. I also added in beans and tortillas for wraps. It was hard but worth. I watched my stomach shrink. I watched my size 14 self get into a pair of 12s. Yes, I am in a 12 too! Watch this girl WERK!
Starting this journey, I was so concerned about the number on the scale instead of how I felt. Now I understand that feeling good and looking good go hand in hand. I have more energy despite getting 7 hours of sleep at night. I can think clearly. I can breathe walking up a short flight of steps. I am not winded just from talking on the phone. I am training for a run/walk in September. For me the most important thing is when I workout all those stressors I encounter during the day are gone. I can think about ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment