Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Micro Braid Weekend…


Ok, I am going to attempt some Micro braids this weekend. I have a full four days off from work so I will take my sweet little precious time.

Do not ask me how to do them!  I can’t explain it. Point blank. I watched hours of YouTube videos to nail down my own technique. You don’t have to be perfect like the “Africans”.  Being neat and taking your time should deliver some nice braids each time.

I am not using human hair this time. I want to perfect my own craft before I spend that kind of money. I am going to try some deep wave bulk hair though. It may run about $8.00 a pack. #dontjudgeme.

Prep is the key.  I am going to wash and deep condition my hair tonight.  Moisture and blow dry in the morning before I start. I think I am going to add in a protein conditioner to help with the breakage.  One key theme in every video was a CLEAN HEAD. Do not put in braids on a dirty scalp. You will be the blame for the extreme itch afterward.

I may do a video for the site or YouTube. I haven’t decided yet.  It will be up next week if I do one.

Lastly, I wanted to leave you with some pictures of my twist out. I love it! It turned out really cute. I only have one hang-up: shrinkage.  You have to see for yourself.

Twist Out. it's springy and wild!


Hard to see!!! But you can still tell how my hair shrinks.

Front view

Upclose side view


Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment