Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Micro Braids are in!

*Ok so I have had the Micros for about a week now. I lost this post and it took some time to find it.  My edges are a little rough now because I did not braid them tight. I didn’t even try to catch them in the braid. My goal for 2012 is to grow out some healthy edges*

First, I have to thank all the YouTubers!  Without their help, I would have never been able to put these darn things in!

My micro braids are completed. I am very happy with the results. My hubby is happy with the results, too. And the compliments can keep coming!!! Toot! Toot! *my horn* I am really proud of myself!

Products Used:
FreeTress Braid Bulk Brook Curl 1b/33
Queene Helene Royal Curl Shampoo and Conditioner (added in honey, EVOO and coconut oil for a deep conditioner)
SofteeCare Shea Butter Cream (a little mineral oil; it was the 15th ingredient down but WATER and Shea were first!!)
Kimmaytube Leave – In Conditioner
Rubber bands soaked in EVOO
Rat Tail Comb
Clips (to keep hair out the way)
Time and Patience – it took 3 days to complete. No, I was not braiding constantly. I have a life, LOL!

Here are a few of the YouTube videos that helped also:
** The slip knots were the hardest to grasp. Do not use nail glue it could damage your hair*







The key to doing micro braids is to find your own style.  There are so many variations of the technique.  I did what came naturally to me.  I made sure my braids were neat and took my time.

Check out my pics and let me know what you think:








Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment