Thursday, September 8, 2011

Excuses at work....

Today I got off early to particpate in a corporate run/walk, however I told my manager I had a personal appointment. I mean it was personal. I don't want to share my personal life with my work life unless it affects my work life. Does it  really even matter when I have 20 personal days and 5 sick days what I do with my time? I understand the needs of the business, but my position does not play a big role in the effectiveness of the business.  Some people rarely notice that I am there. Does this little white lie make me a bad person? Really, my manager skipped work because she had to take a conference call, every Thursday. Duh, we know noticed the pattern. She calls it working from home. We call it a free day off every week. Management has its perks. So am I really wrong for using my personal time to embark on my own endeavors? We are in fact adults and shouldn't feel the need to check in. Management has set up a dome of fear so we run mindless to them keeping them abreast of our every move.The question is Do we really need to give our managers a valid reason why we are using our personal time? Is it ok to lie? What difference will it make if they have the truth or not?

Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment