Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Winter Regimen

This will be my first time in my 3 years being natural that I will develop a winter regimen. Last winter, I fried and dyed my hair to the point of no return. I lost a lot of hair , which propelled me into a taking better care of my hair (and my daughter’s) journey. My hair is dry all year round. It’s dry right now after I sprayed it with some coconut/Castor mixed this morning.  My hair sucks up every drop of water you put on it. I am not sure exactly where it goes because most times my hair feels like I blow dried on high heat.  I want that soft supple feel that so many of my Naturalistas are fond of! A girl can only dream…

            So to begin my quest, I want to change up my shampoo and conditioner.  I have been using Bee Mine Products for both myself and daughter. My daughter’s hair is the bomb.com( say bomb dot com aloud in your Tamar Braxton voice)  with these products. Mine on the hand responds well to the conditioner but dislike the shampoo. It saddens me because it is a really great product line. I am really beginning to think that my “get dirty quick” hair does not like shampoo.  Could I be an inner “no- pooer”?

SN (side note): I must get a natural dictionary going for you guys!

 I have been looking into Queene Helene and Crème of Nature Aragon of Morocco lines. I am in the Google and YouTube phase at this point. I hope to figure it out by my next pay day. Yes, I am a certified glorified baller on a budget!!!  I love discounts and coupons! Um, focus…So I plan on purchasing one of the two lines this Friday and will give a product review some time in the future. I have some homemade kinky twists in right now.

            This leads me to the next point! I am trying to wear protective styles until January. I taught myself how to do kinky twists. Shout out to YouTube. Before my next set of twists, I want to use one of the above products products. As far as the kinky twists, I have been exploring different kinds of hair.  Sadly, its hard to find different brands in my city. With all the hair being stolen around here, one would like to think it would not be a problem. Fear not, the cyber diva in me will find some hair to try.

Oops , did I mention I am a Natural Lovely! I think I did. I am still working on that story. Stay tuned.

I have my sights on Fluffy Twist (http://www.eonhair.com/) and Nubian Twist.  Check out YouTube for more info. My heart is telling me to try some micros, but err um …ok (bad English, I know). I don’t have the patience to sit and hold my own head for micros. But who knows, I have been changing my braids every 4 weeks to give my hair a rest and condition it.

Another SN: I will update you on how these protective styles have been to my hair later. One word: Growth!!! Yay Baby! Who dat! We dat!

Lastly, I want to henna. I don’t know if I can henna and twist. My plan is to find out. I heard so much about henna that I should give it a try.  Henna is ….um , well moving along. I will provide more details about each as I explore my options.

So I have to get back to work! It pays the bills and buys the products.


Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment